are irresistibly delicious. They’re also full of butter, sugar and carbs galore. Take a gander at our JUARA Approved Thanksgiving Recipes for a slimmer take on your holiday favorites.
Fall Squash Salad
Replacement For: cranberry sauce, butternut squash soup
3 cups Arugula
1 Pomegranate, seeded
1 Butternut Squash, cubed
1/2 c Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
1/4 c Dried Cranberries
1/3 c Goat Cheese
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Raspberry Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss. Serve immediately!
Replacement For: Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole
1 lb Sweet Potatoes or Yams, peeled & cubed
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Honey
1/4 c Pecans, halved
1. Boil the potatoes until soft.
2. Drain the water and mash, adding in cinnamon, butter and honey.
3. Serve warm with pecans on top.
Replacement For: Candied Carrots, Candied Sweet Potatoes
1 Bunch Long Stem Carrots, green chopped off
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic, diced
1 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Agave
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients so that carrots are fully coated.
3. Roast for 20 minutes, flip the carrots over, and roast for another 20 minutes.
4. Serve warm.
Cinnamon Poached Pears & Peaches
Replacement For: All of the pies in your life
3 Pears, halved and pitted
3 Peaches, halved and pitted
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 c Chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat Oven to 400
2. On a baking sheet, lay the peaches & pears skin-down.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, cinnamon and walnuts. Fill the peaches and pears with this filling.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until caramelized
5. Serve warm with a scoop of coconut sorbet
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons